It is easy to think of asbestos and its effects on human health. After all, the internet is awash with blogs and websites on how asbestos can take a toll on your health. But how often do people think about how asbestos can take a toll on the health and wellness of their pets? Chances are, only a handful of people do.
This is of course a matter of grave concern given that animals, like humans are living things. They can easily suffer in silence. Then before one knows it, they die. This mostly happens to cats and dogs. They get exposed to asbestos from the clothes worn by their owners or their toys. So just how do you know your pet has been exposed to asbestos? Read on to find out.
Vomiting and diarrhea
This two happen to be the most common symptoms of mesothelioma a condition caused by overexposure to asbestos. Vomiting may be accompanied by loss of appetite and weight. It may also be accompanied by what vet doctors refer to as ‘dog pain’
This is often accompanied by coughing, loss of weight and difficulty in breathing. It is often caused by first hand exposure to asbestos. In other words, your pet could be exposed to asbestos through other types of toxins which may be in germicides, pesticides or even pet toys.
What to do
All these symptoms may mean that you have also been exposed. Contact this service as soon as you can. Then keep in mind that asbestos can worsen some respiratory complications such as asthma. With that in mind, avoid exposure to any domestic product that may contain asbestos. Then take time to find a reputable asbestos removal company. This should be easy, as there are several competent asbestos removal service providers that can offer you value for money.